Meet Dr. Jeff Chandler
Connecting People Through Smiles
Dr. Chandler didn't choose orthodontics—orthodontics chose him. He artistic nature loves to create beautiful smiles that transform lives.
He’s amazed by how a warm smile nurtures a relationship by radiating confidence.
This connection is what Dr. Chandler cherishes the most. It drives him to provide the best quality of service to every person that comes to Foothill Orthodontics.
Meet Dr. Brian Anderson, Smile Artist
Dr. Anderson graduated Summa Cum Laude from Brigham Young University, after which he attended dental school at the University of Iowa. As a dental student, he scored in the 97th percentile nationwide on both the National Board Dental Exam Parts I and II.
Brian loved earning his orthodontic specialty training at the University of Minnesota.
Brian loves orthodontics because he feels “flow”—a feeling of “energized focus, full involvement, and enjoyment in the process”—every day at work.
His passion for orthodontics led him to create the continuing education group Orthodontic Pearls—the largest group orthodontic specialists in the world, where he enjoys teaching, learning and interacting with colleagues and friends.
His personal interests include sports, exercise, art (he’s a gallery-featured sculptor), travel, community service, and spending time with friends and family. He and his wife have four precious children—Brian adores his family and cherishes time with them!"
Why an Orthodontist in Salt Lake City?
Orthodontist vs. Dentist
An orthodontist is a dentist, but a dentist is not an Orthodontist. All orthodontists are dentists first, but though not every dentist has the qualifications to be an orthodontist. Our doctors continued their formal education for 2 or 3 additional years before receiving the necessary license and certification. As orthodontists, our doctors have spent years studying nothing but how and why to move teeth. This includes what to do, how to plan, and how to execute the appropriate treatment plan.
Why does it matter if you see your Salt Lake City Orthodontist?
Specialists receive additional training to give them the skills needed to deal with more complex orthodontic problems. Dentists receive basic orthodontic training which allows them to perform root canals, extract wisdom teeth, and treat young children who do not need to see an orthodontist yet.
Seeing a specialist like your Salt Lake City orthodontist may change your experience in braces by:
- Providing additional treatment options.
- Giving you more efficient treatment and visits, because it is the office's primary area of care.
- Knowing that you'll receive the best possible outcome on your treatment plan, especially if you have severe bite problems that need to be addressed.
- Personal experience treating multiple cases that share your unique concerns
- Being seen more quickly, as a family dentist will be focused on longer patient cases or emergencies throughout the day.
- You may think it's easier to have your orthodontic work completed by your dentist. Convenience shouldn't be a concern, because you will only be stopping by your Salt Lake City orthodontist's offices every six to eight weeks.
And don't let price be a problem either! Farrow & Dewbre Orthodontics is proud to provide affordable treatment in the Salt Lake City area.